corona virus UPDATES
From the 19th of November we will restart our grouplessons! Shower areas stay closed until further notice. Lockers are available for storage of valuables etc but changing of clothes is not permitted. Please ensure the use of clean indoor sport shoes at all times within the club. All other conditions that were in place before 3-11-2020 will stay in place.
All group lessons – indoor and outdoor – have now been cancelled in accordance with new government restrictions outlined on 3-11-2020.
Individual fitness training and squash are still possible under the same conditions that were in place before 3-11-2020 (1.5 meter social distancing at all times etc). Click here for advice/recommendations/rules regarding squash.
We are also offering the possibility to train outdoors on an individual basis in our undercover training area next to Squash City main building (parking area). Kettle bells and TRX bands will be available at the following times: Monday to Friday from 8am to 11am. Monday to Thursday 6pm to 7pm. Saturday to Sunday 9am to 12 midday. A fitness instructor will also be available at these times to help with training exercises and your personal fitness training program.
The Spinning bikes in this area are also available to all members on an individual basis for training, warm-up and cool-down etc.
Members can also make an appointment with an instructor for a new training program. Just ask at reception
Squash City will remain open and we can continue to offer a safe environment for you to work out and train within the club and outside in our undercover training area next to the club. However, the corona virus is causing more and more restrictions within our society. This has also had a significant impact on the club.
- All our fitness areas and our group lesson areas are set up in such a way to ensure ample social distancing. And we will ensure that no more than 30 guests will be present in any room/area at any one time. We insist that you be vigilant in adhering to a minimum of 1.5 meters social distancing at all times in all areas of the club.
- Squash courts can continue to be used for training purposes with a maximum of 2 guests per court. However, competitive games in the usual sense will not be possible as 1.5 meter social distancing must also be observed on the courts at all times. Games such as “Sides” where social distancing can be observed will be allowed. Squash lessons from our Squash coach Nick Kuys will also continue to be available.
- The restaurant and bar will remain closed until further notice.
- Shower areas are closed until further notice. Lockers are available for storage of valuables etc but changing of clothes is not permitted. Please ensure the use of clean indoor sport shoes at all times within the club.
- The wellness area – Sauna, infra-red sauna, steam room and relaxation area – is closed until further notice.
- Please also observe social distancing in all stairwells. Descending traffic has right of way. Please wait until the stairwells are free of traffic before using these.
Use of face masks is recommended but not mandatory at this time.
Please also observe all other corona related recommendations as set out by the government. We insist you do not enter the club areas if you are suffering from any corona virus related symptoms.
We can assure you that Squash City will continue to do its absolute best to provide the safest possible environment for you within the club.
Team Squash City.